Volvo EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @BuzzyBud!
Thanks for sharing that guide, save it to my phone for when I'll need it.
What are you driving at the moment?
I am currently driving an F150. My son-in-law needs a new vehicle, so he gets it as soon as my new Volvo arrives. On November 8, I ordered a 2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue in and out. It was built on January 13, and I have the VIN. It is currently awaiting a ride to the east coast of the US (New Hampshire). Projected arrival by end of March. Then the fun begins!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's awesome! I'm the same way, my first EV is definitely going to be a Volvo. Did you consider any other EVs or were you always set on Volvo?
I was looking for an EV which allowed me to sit up higher than your typical sedan. That eliminated Mach-E and Polestar 2. My second requirement was to locate an EV which was not too large. That eliminated Tesla Y. The third requirement was an on-line ordering process with good/excellent communication through the process. That drove me to Volvo and more specifically the C40. I would guess each owner has their own set of requirements. For me, the C40 was a perfect fit. (I also happen to love Fjord Blue!)

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
9 Posts
Wow, you had pretty much the same reasons as I did, but the C40 wasn't out when I started my journey.
Do you have any concern about not having a rear windshield wiper?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have any concern about not having a rear windshield wiper?
I am not concerned regarding the lack of a rear wiper. Most of my cars/trucks did not have a wiper. In fact, the Ford Explorer with the wiper was problematic. It never worked properly.
I would say my only hope for the C40 would be a continuing effort to increase the speed of charging. Each week I take a trip to Maine. The trip is 165 miles each way. I like to stop once and there are numerous DCFC options along the way. I plan to just "top off" and be on my way each time. Hopefully, the faster the better!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
9 Posts
Good to know, it sounds like a nice trip. Topping off at too high of SoC might be too slow. Over time, I'll bet you be able to figure out the optimal levels to be at. Let us know.
I live in western ny (near lake erie & ontario) where it feels like it snows every day in the winter. If I didn't have a rear wiper to swoosh off the snow after being parked, I'd need to change my habit to backing into spots so that it's faster to leave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts