Volvo EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’m a happy owner of a new XC90 Recharge. I charge it at home in the heat of Texas and I receive frequent messages that the car is not charging or that there is a problem with the cables.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.
We purchased the vehicle late March. So far, I've been charging it only at home. I think it might be a heat problem in my garage, with the vehicle nose in, and it therefore increasing the ambient temperature inside the garage. I check, and the charging cable often indicates red. It never fails to charge overnight though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi.
We purchased the vehicle late March. So far, I've been charging it only at home. I think it might be a heat problem in my garage, with the vehicle nose in, and it therefore increasing the ambient temperature inside the garage. I check, and the charging cable often indicates red. It never fails to charge overnight though.
If it charges overnight with no issues then it could be that your garage gets too hot for your XC90 to charge properly. You might want to look into getting a fan to help keep the heat down.

Aside from that how are you enjoying the XC90?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it charges overnight with no issues then it could be that your garage gets too hot for your XC90 to charge properly. You might want to look into getting a fan to help keep the heat down.

Aside from that how are you enjoying the XC90?
Loving it. It does everything we expected of it in a better way than we had anticipated. We had a long 1300 mile ride in quiet luxury with quite good gas mileage considering the speed involved etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts